Monday, March 9, 2009

Screen Door Repair

.
Click pictures for a larger image.

I have a customer who was unhappy with the condition of her patio screen door. The handle didn’t work, the screen was rusty and the paint wasn’t in very good shape. I measured the door and found that it wasn’t a standard size. To replace it would have been very expensive.

I told her that we could fix up the old one. It was a good door except for cosmetic problems. She was happy with that idea.

.
I replaced the screen and molding, put on a new handle and gave it a fresh coat of paint. As you can see, the door looks much better now and should last for many more years.

I find that many times a little maintenance and repair goes a long way. Things can be fixed up for a lot less than expected.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails